Super crispy on the outside and juicy in the middle Chicken Thighs in Air Fryer recipe will be your go to easy air fryer dinner! Just a couple ingredients and you are assured perfectly cooked chicken thighs every time!
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
Bone in or boneless chicken thighs cook up deliciously in your Ai Fryer and only take about 20 minutes!
The secret ingredient to make these air fryer chicken thighs so crispy? Baking powder in the coating! Yup, a trick I used for our Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings! Check out how easy this recipe is!
Ingredients to make Oreo Stuffed Cupcakes and Oreo Buttercream – (see recipe card below for entire directions)
- 1 family size package oreos (25.5 ounce)
- sour cream
- baking powder and baking soda
- confectioners sugar
Simply mix the coating ingredients and rub into the chicken.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees and either spray the basket with non stick cooking spray or line with these air fryer parchment paper liners that we love!
Once the air fryer indicates that pre heating is compete, add your chicken to the basket.
How long to cook chicken thighs in Air Fryer –
- Cook chicken thighs in 400 degree air fryer for about 20 minutes, turning once. The time may very depending on the size of the chicken thighs. For best results use a meat thermometer. When the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees your chicken is cooked perfectly!
How to cook boneless chicken thighs in the air fryer –
- Simply follow the directions in the recipe card below but reduce the cooking time to about 15 minutes. Same rule applies, when the internal temp of the chicken reaches 165 degrees your chicken is perfectly done!
Make this a full meal! Check out these side dishes for a perfect fast and fresh dinner –
- Air Fryer Potatoe Wedges – once you try this method you’ll never go back to oven.
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes – perfect in your Air fryer!
- Oven Roasted Corn – no muss or fuss. Cook in foil liners for easy clean up!
A few more Air Fryer Recipes you will love –
- Air Fryer Cream Cheese Wontons – make 4 or 40. Five minute cook time and only 36 calories each!
- Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket – iconic snack for kids and grown up only so much easier in the Air fryer!
- How to make Hard Boiled Eggs in the air fryer – who knew?
- Air Fryer Ground Chicken or Turkey Burgers – forget the mess!
Kathi and Rachel
Chicken Thighs in Air Fryer
- 4 bone in chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 ground black pepper
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400 °F. Pat dry chicken thighs with a paper towel.
- In small bowl combine paprika, baking powder garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Rub seasoning liberally all over chicken thighs.
- Add SKIN SIDE UP to air fryer. Cook for 10 minutes and turn.
- Cook an additional 8-10 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we might receive a very small commission, at no additional cost to you, should you chose to purchase that linked item. We only link to items I know and trust. Clink!
Leave a Reply