Delicious, oven roasted corn on the cob is a staple for the Spring and Summer months, and the best part is delicious and fresh veggies as side dishes, but this recipe is perfect for any month because all you need to do is bake it in your oven!
You can usually buy corn on the cob year round at the grocery store, but it is officially in season from about June-September so the freshest and yummiest is around that time. What is better than adding fresh corn on your 4th of July BBQ menu?
To start, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Create foil ‘pouches’ large enough to fit an ear of corn, and then spread about 1 tbsp of butter directly onto each ear of corn.
Want more flavor? Try adding these combinations to your butter for flavored corn!
- Taco: Mix butter and taco seasoning to taste.
- Garlic Herb: Add chopped garlic, parsley, pepper and rosemary to butter.
- Greek: Add lemon zest, oregano, paprika, and pepper to butter.
- Chili Lime: Add lime zest, lime juice, paprika, garlic powder, and chili powder. Add red pepper flakes if you like it spicy!
Wrap the ears of corn tightly, and place in the oven. After about 10 minutes, open up the packets, and turn the corn on its reverse side (I like to make sure I’m rolling it in the melted butter as I’m turning it). Reseal the packet and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until you reach your desired level of ‘doneness’.
The end result is perfectly tender, buttery corn on the cob!
If you need other Summer recipes, here are a few of our favorites:
- Oven Baked Ribs
- Corn Muffins
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken
- Citrus Grilled Chicken
- Garlic Shrimp Skewers
- Strawberry Icebox Cake
- Summer Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
More recipes featuring corn:
- 20 Minute Chicken Corn Chowder
- Fresh Corn and Avocado Salad
- Summer Salmon Corn Chowder
- Mexican Shrimp and Corn Chowder
Cheers to warm weather, friends, and delicious fresh food! – Kathi and Rachel
Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob
- 4 ears of corn
- 4 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place each ear of corn in a 'pouch' of foil. Rub tops with 1 tbsp of buter each, and then salt and pepper if desired (cautious not to oversalt if buter is already salted).
- Seal foil 'pouch and bake for 10 minutes on a sheet pan or casserole dish. Remove from oven, turning corn to opposite side, reseal the packet and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until level of 'doneness' is reached.
- Allow to cool, garnish with parsley if desired, then serve and enjoy.