We are burger fiends around here- these Chicken Burgers with Spinach and Feta are a powerhouse to our burger arsenal! They are delicious with a bun, or as a low carb treat wrapped in lettuce.
I have a bad habit of buying ground chicken and never knowing what to do with it. I make Asian Meatloaf alot which I love but sometimes I just don’t have enough time to let my meat loaf, ya know? With my husband and I working from home, I love making us a healthy lunch and these burgers are just the trick. Start off by combining ground chicken, feta, chopped spinach, an egg, and a little bit of breadcrumbs (almond flour works great if you are going for low carb).
Using your hands, mix it well. This makes about 4 decent sized patties. Once the patties are formed, refrigerate them for about 30 minutes before cooking them- this helps them keep their shape! Parchment paper works atop a small sheet pan for refrigeration. Cover with plastic wrap while refrigerating.
You can cook these burgers on the stovetop, on a grill, or even in your air fryer.
- Stovetop Method: Grill pans work best for texture/grill marks but you can also use a standard stovetop pan. Preheat pan to medium heat, add 1 tsp of olive oil. Cook burgers in pan for about 7 minutes on each side. Burgers are cooked at an internal temperature of 165 degrees farenheit.
- Grilling: Grill burgers for about 5-7 minutes on each side until 165 degrees internally.
- Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees farenheit on the air fryer setting. Spray basket with nonstick spray and place burgers in basket. Air fry for 10-15 minutes, or until the burgers reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees farenheit.
If you are a burger lover, check out these other recipes we love!
- Fresh and Easy Salmon Burgers
- Grilled Salmon Burgers with Avocado Salsa
- Greek Chicken Burgers
- Chicken Avocado Burgers
If you are looking for a side to go with these burgers, here’s a few we love!
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Caesar Pasta Salad
- Fresh Corn and Avocado Salad
- Asian Slaw with Sesame Peanut Dressing
Cheers to easy and delicious burgers…any time of the year! – Kathi and Rachel
A delicious and healthy burger that tastes great any time of the year!
- 1.5 lb ground chicken (97/3 fat is our favorite but any type will work)
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped spinach
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup panko crumbs
- .5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
Combine ingredients into bowl. Mix well with hands until fully combined.
Form into 4 patties. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
Cook as desired until internal temperature of burger is 165 degrees farenheit.